(including related companies1 and divisions such as Nestlé PurinaPetCare)
Nestlé collects, holds and uses personal information in the following areas:
- Business Relations2 and
Consumer information is usually collected via promotions, competitions and consumerqueries. The information may include:
- your name, address, contact number(s) and email address
- information about your preference for goods or services we offer from time to
- details of any prizes you may have won
- a record of any queries you have made
Purposes for collecting the information
Wherever possible, Nestlé collects this information directly from you. Weuse it for the following purposes
- to contact you directly about Nestlé, its brands, special offers, samples and other promotions
- to reward you for being a loyal Nestlé customer
- to inform you of Nestlé products or publications we think you might be interested in
- to approve transactions you wish to make
- to confirm your identity
- to provide you with products you have requested
- to follow up or pursue any queries you make
- to conduct consumer research
How we manage personal information
Nestlé is dedicated to keeping personal information secure. This includesphysical security, computer and network security, communications security and personnelsecurity.
Important Information on promotions, competitions & other marketing activities forconsumers
All entries become the property of Nestlé (and any third parties conductingjoint promotions with Nestlé) and are held for up to 13 months after thelast prize draw date. After this, they are then destroyed in a secure manner.
Nestlé has made a commitment to not collect any data from children underthe age of 15 years, even with parental consent. If you are under the age of 15years, your entry or request will be invalid if you enter promotions, competitions,special offers and giveaways.Nestlé supports permission based marketing.Where consent exists, Nestlé may enter your details into a database for thepurpose of contacting you directly about Nestlé, its brands, special offers,samples, consumer research and other promotions.
You can advise us if you would prefer not to be directly contacted by us by visitingwww.nestle.com.au/optout and completing your details at any time or call 1800 005510 (9am-5pm AEST) to register your details.
You may also update the information we hold on you by visiting www.nestle.com.au/aboutyou/changedetailor request an update through the Nestlé Privacy Officer. Contact detailsare outlined below under 'Access and correction of details'.
Winners details and a description of the prizes will be entered on a database tocomply with record-keeping requirements of relevant Australian State and Territorylotteries and gaming legislation. Details will also be published in accordance withthe terms and conditions of each promotion.
Except where you are otherwise notified, Nestlé does not sell, rent or otherwisemake available any personal information to third parties. Nestlé outsourcescertain business functions to other organisations. For this purpose, and only forthe purpose of providing services to Nestlé, personal information may, asrequired, be transferred to or handled by:
- our related companies
- organisations which provide services to us, such as mailing houses, promotion and advertising agencies and consumer research agencies
- credit reference agencies or other credit providers
- government or statutory authorities that may directly contact you on behalf of Nestlé.
Access and correction of details
You can access personal information Nestlé holds on you by contacting theNestlé Privacy Officer in writing. If the information held is inaccurate,incomplete or not up to date you may request Nestlé to correct the information.
If you are concerned about a possible interference with your privacy, please contactthe Nestlé Privacy Officer at:
Nestlé Australia Ltd, GPO Box 4320, Sydney NSW 2001
Facsimile: (02) 9736 0406
Or, complete the 'Contact Us' form to contact Nestlé's Privacy Officer viaemail.
Sending to a friend
By using the send to a friend feature, you’re requesting a message be sent to anotherperson via email. Below is important information about using this send to a friendfacility.
- An email will be sent to each recipient(s) you specify.
- The email that is sent will display that the email is from your email address and may include your name in the message area.
- If the recipient of the message replies to the message, then the reply will go back to your email address.
- If an address provided on the send to a friend form is invalid, or if the email cannot be delivered for other reasons, you may receive a failure notice from a remote mail system in response to the message.
- Should the details of the send to a friend request not comply with any terms and conditions of any promotion associated with the request, the message will not be sent.
Revised by Nestlé Corporate Communications
For more information about your privacy go to http://privacy.gov.au/